Monday, July 14, 2008

2004 : The saddest day of my life...

25th September 2004, my beloved father passed away. That was the saddest day of my life.
He was knocked down by a Pajero while riding his Honda C70, 6 days earlier. At first, the doctors thought that he only broke his ankle but they never noticed he suffered internal bleeding until he vomited blood on the 3rd day in hospital. He was then transfered to the ICU Ward. He had to rely on life-support machine after that. It was heart tormenting to see him in that condition, helpless that nothing I able to do to ease his pain. It was the heaviest test from God that myself and my family had to go through. We could do nothing but pray to God for His mercy and blessing. Then, in the morning of 25th September, my father peacefully gone to meet his Creator.
A day before the accident...
I took my father, mother and my niece to the Duty-Free Zone in Bukit Kayu Hitam, the day before the accident. We went sightseeing and shopping. He bought a nice shirt that he liked very much. Later that night was a father-and-son DVD night, where we enjoyed "Lord of the Rings III : Return of a King" together, while he was eating his favorite mangoes I bought him earlier.
The day of the accident...
I was supposed to go back to KL that night, only been back for the 2-day weekend break. That was my routine and still is, where I went back to my hometown Alor Setar every 1st Saturday of the month.
That morning, I had sore eyes, my eyes irritates and red. Before going out, my father held my head, reciting some 'doa' and blew it into my eyes. This was my father's specialty which he learned from my late grandfather, he can heal irritate eyes and few other illness. Never thought that, it would be the last gift of love from my father to his son.
Moving on, duty of a son...
Now it has been 4 years... not a single day that I ever forget my father. I tried my best to help my father for the life hereafter. I settled all the debts that I know of and carried out a Badal Haji (hire people to perform Haji on behalf) for my father. Spend at least 2hours every month to clear the grass and leaves off my father's grave. My prayers will always be with him.
I promised my father that I will take good care of my mother and niece. But still, if not because of the promise also, I will never neglect my mother and niece. A son's duty towards his parents is a lifetime responsibility even after he got married.
My sadness and happiness
I feel a bit sad that my father did not have the chance to see me get married... I feel a bit sad that my father did not have the chance to see my two sons, his first two grandsons, since the others are all grand-daughters... It is God's will....
But, I feel happy that I was able to make my father proud and happy. I knew that my father was always proud of me, but I noticed the sparks of his eyes the most in these three events :
1. When I was awarded Best Student SPM 1994 (Arts Stream);
2. When I got my degree scroll at my University graduation ceremony;
3. When I used my first salary to give him a Seiko 5 Automatic watch as a present.
He used the watch I gave him in 2000 until his last day...
Al-Fatihah, Bapak, I miss u very much....

4 comments:

Pasifik said...

yes, it is sad when someone we love have gone forever. I can feel the same like you when my father passed away back to December 2003. I was unable to see my father for the last time before they took to the crematorium.
http://honda-mc.blogspot.com/

Me said...

I can feel the sadness too. Eventhough our loved ones might not be there to share our greatest moments and joys but believe me, they do somehow know and proud of what we are today as long as our prayers are with them, insyaallah...

salzahari said...

me too...do u remember how i consult you during my toughest time, when my late mom in comma?

unfortunately, it's not the only saddest time because it was the beginning of my saddest stories when my first daugther left me in April 2005 and followed by my bro. in July 2005.

The saddest among the 3 of them, i guessed during my bro...It's not because i closed with him, but because the path of life that he had gone thru and the last moments of his breath.

As for my late mom, I redha as it will be the best for her...

Alfatihah utk pak, mak, baby Ain dan abg Keri ...Aminn.......

Pedang Bertuah said...

Thanks for those who leave your comments.
Al-Fatihah untuk keluarga-keluarga kita, guru-guru dan sahabat handai yang dah pergi dulu sebelum kita.
Amin.