Sunday, July 27, 2008

My beloved school turns 100... !!!

My beloved school Sultan Abdul Hamid College already turned 100 years old...
It's quite unfortunate that I could not be there in Alor Setar with all the proud Collegians and Old Boys to celebrate this wonderful mark of history.
The chronicles and glory
Sultan Abdul Hamid College (KSAH) was established on 8th December 1908 and the first Principal was Allahyarham En Mohammad Iskandar, the beloved father of Tun Mahathir. Since its establishment, KSAH has produced countless leaders, businessman, patriots and professionals.
To name a few, all of them including the 1st Prime Minister Al-Marhum YTM Tunku Abdul Rahman, Tun Mahathir Mohammad, Sultan Muadzam Shah who is the current ruler of Kedah, Tan Sri Khir Johari, Tan Sri Dr Othman Yeop, Tun Ahmad Fairuz etc.
Once a collegian, always a collegian
This is the motto being passed from seniors to juniors.... that, we will always look back and be proud of our root, where we come from. All the great experience I got from KSAH really shaped myself of becoming what I am today. Thanks to all the teachers, friends and non academic staff that have made my secondary school experience the most valuable one.
Special thanks...
Sorry to all my great teachers that I lost contact with all of you... I pray for all your health and happiness, only God can repay your kindness. Thanks Mrs Murugesan for polishing my English in Form 3... Thanks Mr Thiagarajah for your Math lesson... Thanks Cikgu Hussein for recruiting me into KSAH debate team.... thanks Cikgu Zaitom for your trust to lead the Forum Remaja team... thanks Mr Segaran and Cikgu Dina, the best Prefect's advisor ever... Thanks Cikgu Zaitun, Cikgu Aziah and Cikgu Muliati for your kind attention... Thanks my favorite Form teacher Cikgu Norsiah, Cikgu Sharifah, Cikgu Siti Rafeah and Mr Ooi Eng Lee... and thanks to all the wonderful people that their names might not listed here, but I do appreciate all your kindness. And, an extra thanks to Cikgu Hussein, for the trouble coming to my house and met my parents to extend the invitation to the Best Student SPM 1994 award ceremony.
Pedang Bertuah - KSAH 1990-1994

5 comments:

Me said...

Once a collegian, always a collegian! What a motto :D
Kalau ada rezeki boleh lah anak-anak saya jadi collegian jugak, hehehheh!

Pedang Bertuah said...

Hahaha... sure dear sister. Anak-anak Nani boleh ar masuk KSAH sbb you all memang settle down kat Aloq. My sons on the other hand, will not have the opportunity :). So, generasi KSAH stop kat saya jer lah nampak gayanya.

Taufiq said...

I was in 2C2 and then 3C2 and for a while 4Sc2... which class were you in???

Pedang Bertuah said...

Allo bro... taufiqurrahman is it? Aku ler Saiful, classmate mu lah, hahahaha! Bila hang nak balik Malaysia?
Sajer blog ni aku buat nameless, hanya orang yang kenal aku jer akan baca.
Adios bro :)

Taufiq said...

Hahaha Mr Ketua Tingkatan also thoughbred Kolejian, hang rupanya!!! Aku baru aje dapat contact Shamsul Bahrin, he is a top notch laywer now in KL. Zameer pun dapat carik balik.

You should write more about Kolej and its students - you could start by writing about our batch! and the teachers. Sayang takde org pergi carik balik guru-guru nie and interview them seperna 100 years, it would be a nice touch.

Yes...once a kolejian, always a kolejian.

IMEJ KOLEJ KITA JAGA

Taufiqurrahman SHamsuddin, Gurney.