Tuesday, September 2, 2008

1st September...

1st September, what so special about it? It fell on 1st Ramadhan, the first day for Muslim to perform 'puasa'. It's also my birthday anniversary... I am 31 years old. Happy birthday to me! Ehehehehe...
Yes, the figure 31, I am older by another year. What have I accomplished all these years? The ups and downs in my life journey... what is there to remember and what is there to cast aside?
What I remember about my childhood?
What I can truly remember was that being the youngest in the family has its advantages. Everyone in the family focused on me. The pamper and undivided attention from my parents and siblings.
But still, a pressure put on me to follow the example of those before me. I had to keep up with my eldest sister who was then studied at USM and the study-holic elder brother. Every time I wanted to watch TV, my mom would say the same words, "Pi baca buku, tgk macam kak dengan abang".
Well, it didn't break my confidence even a bit, but I took it as a challenge to prove that everybody has his or her own unique ways of studying. What can I say more, I managed to get top 3 in class every year and got to receive the present from YTM Raja Puan Muda Kedah during Speech Day. I had proven it once more when I got 5As for my UPSR in 1989 and emerged as top 10 in the school.
The story continues...
In my secondary school, my dad told my mom to cut me some slack because I was different from my other siblings. Since then, my parents approved anything I did and they had full faith in me.
Maybe it's a gift, but I realized that I have a very good memory. While others were struggling to do revision, I could still recall clearly what's been taught in class. Lucky for me also, I was taught by some very great teachers which undoubtedly the core of my successes.
Well, not bad, I got 6 Aggregate for my SRP in 1992 (the last SRP in Malaysia, later changed to PMR) and I scored 10 Aggregate for my SPM in 1994. I got 10 aggregate in my SPM because of my Bahasa Melayu flopped C4, ehehehe. My Bahasa Melayu teacher Cikgu Siti Rafeah (she was also my Sastera Melayu teacher) was confused because I scored A2 for my Sastera Melayu but instead flopped in Bahasa Melayu. I don't know what to say cikgu, it happens! :)
Guess what, I was awarded the Best Student SPM 1994 (Arts Stream) and emerged as the college top 5. I was also awarded the SAHOCA KL/Selangor Scholarship. SAHOCA is the Sultan Abdul Hamid Old Collegian Association. For SPM during my days, the best will get the Gold Medal Award from Sultan Kedah and another 4 top students will get the SAHOCA Award.
University days and work life experience...
My University days were even challenging and full of nice memories :) but I think I'll save that for my next post. Same goes to my work life.
Anyway, my resolve is to give my very best in everything I do while balancing my work and family life, Insyaallah!

2 comments:

Me said...

Happy Belated Bday to our big bro here... Sorry tak sempat nak wish on time coz was so attach to visa arrangements and other matters related. Di doakan agar panjang umur dan murah rezeki hendaknya...

Pedang Bertuah said...

Thanks for the wish dear sis :)
Selamat further PHD kat UK.
Ni bigbro tgh struggle nak amik MBA, seksa gak orang IT yang takde basic nak amik MBA rupanya.
Ehehehe, no pain no gain. I'm always a fighter!