Thursday, December 18, 2008

How M.U makes my day happier :)

True or not, football does bring different people together :) at least that's what happened to me. This morning, one of my GM reported that his PC was infected by virus. So, as a goodwill, I also attended his PC together with my System Engineer.
Then, suddenly my mobile phone rang; it was my big brother on the line. Of course, the phone rang with my favorite ring tone; MU theme song :). Then the GM looked at me at smiled, "Wah, MU supporter also eh?". Hahahhaa, it's the first time, he never smiled before. Then, we had a big chat about MU at his sofa while my System Engineer cleaning up the virus.

3 months before this...

Actually, this guy seemed a bit unfriendly to me since I joined this company. I don't know whether it is just my feeling or he really was not satisfied with me for something. Even so, I didn't bother much because our department is reporting to another GM.
One thing for sure; my company really represents the multi-cultural of Malaysia :) The CEO is a Malay- Datuk A, the GM of Corporate Services is an Indian- Mr S (the one we report to) and the GM of Operation is a Chinese- Mr K.

MU really saves the day...

Now that I know his interest :) it's a good start to build a rapport with another GM. It will make your life easier to implement any projects if you can be sure that you will be backed by two of the most influential people at my workplace. Else, you will fight like hell to defend any papers presented at the Board Meeting in order to get approval.
Good networking has its advantages. We'll see how it goes because I've got a lot of papers to present for next year's budget :) MU forever... hahhahaha.

3 comments:

Cucu Tok Selampit said...

Long Live Mu! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Me said...

Didn't know that you are a big MU fan... so nak kirim merchandise MU apa kat sini... tgh winter sale ni... cepat nanti nyesal :-)

Muhammad Azli Shukri said...

bola sepak pernah dianggap sebagai permainan yang menyatukan...